2016 Scotiabank Charity Challenge
The annual Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k and Scotiabank Charity Challenge supports elder care and site-specific projects at the Providence Health Care facilities we support. Our award-winning Team Tapestry Foundation is made up of Providence Health Care staff, residents and families, volunteers and donors. Since 2010, our team has raised over $350,000 for elder care research and site-specific projects. In 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 we were awarded Scotiabank's prize for having the largest fundraising team in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge. This year, we had more than 190 participants on Team Tapestry Foundation.
Support Team Tapestry Foundation
While we're all Team Tapestry Foundation, most of our members create smaller teams. The run may be over, but fundraising continues until July 25th. There's still time to support YOUR team today by making a donation to their fundraising page. Follow the links below.
Our 2016 teams:
- Tapestry Foundation - Team Tapestry Trailblazers Bonny Bung (Annual Campaign Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Family Hospital (ECU) - Team Holy Stars (ECU or REHAB) - Nadra Ali (ECU CNL) email@example.com & Ahadil Karim (Rehab CNL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Vincent's: Langara - Team Langara United - Lenny Ramirez (Program Assistant - interim captain) email@example.com
- Honoria Conway - Team Conway's Runway - Chris Pilot (Site Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Michael's Centre - Team St. Michael's Archangels - Rose Vidas (Volunteer Director) email@example.com, Candice Brown (Executive Assistant & HR Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youville Residence - Team Youville - Sheralyn Manning (Occupational Therapist), email@example.com
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni - Team Brock Fahrni Superheroes - Rita Yip-Livesley (BF Artworks), firstname.lastname@example.org; Pauline Yee (BF3 CNL), email@example.com
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - Breast Centre - Team Breast - Imelda Villeneuve (Nurse Navigator) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - Team MSJ Emergency - Jack Lan (CNE) email@example.com
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - Residential Care - Team Lucky Monkeys - Juaneve Defensor (2ECU RN), firstname.lastname@example.org; Emily Chan (Pharmacist), email@example.com
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - 1 South Geriatric Psychiatry Unit - Team Frames of Mind - Valerie Krause (CNL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providence Health Care (SLT) - Team Sole S.I.S.T.E.R.s - David Thompson (Vice President) email@example.com
- Scotia Dealer Advantage - Team SAYYES2SDA - Scott Fitzgerald (Director, Automotive Retail, Global Risk Management) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tapestry Foundation Board of Directors - Team B.O.D. - Brad Cruickshank (Vice Chair), email@example.com
Vote For the Best-Dressed Team!
Four teams went above and beyond the usual run attire and stood out from the crowd on June 26th. Scroll down to look at the photos of the four teams below who dressed to impress for the $500 prize as the Best-Dressed Team!
Congratulations to Conway's Runway for winning the Best-Dressed Team award!
Thank you to the Brock Farhni Superheroes, Holy Stars, and St. Michael's Archangels for participating in this contest!
About the Event
Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k
The half-marathon is a mostly downhill course that takes you down the shoreline from UBC and across the Burrard Street Bridge, to a meadow finish on the lawn of the Stanley Park Fish House.The Half-Marathon starts @ 7:30 am from Thunderbird Arena at UBC to Stanley Park. View the half-marathon map.
The 5k event is a scenic loop around Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park, and out on the Stanley Park Seawall, to join the half-marathoners for the last kilometre to the finish line. The 5k begins @ 9:30 am at the Stanley Park Fish House.
Learn more about the course at www.vancouverhalf.com.
Scotiabank Charity Challenge
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge is a unique opportunity for runners and walkers to fundraise for charities in our community. More than 80 charities across Metro Vancouver participate in this annual event, including Tapestry Foundation for Health Care. We raise funds to care for seniors in our community.
- Raise $100, get a discounted entry fee.*
- Raise $300, get a $10 gift card and a collectible certificate.
- Raise $750+, get a $20 gift card and a collectible certificate.
- Raise $1,500+, get a $30 gift card of your choosing and a collectible certificate.
*Scotiabank asks that Scotiabank employees raise a minimum of $200 to receive a free entry.
- The team with the highest # of pledges receives matching funds up to $1,000 towards your cause.
- The team with the highest # of fundraising participants ($100 minimum raised in each fundraiser's account) receives matching funds up to $1,000 towards your cause.
- The best-dressed team in costumes, as voted by the public based on photos posted to PHC News (June 30th) and this page, will win up to $500 towards your cause. Teams wishing to participate in this category must notify Bonny (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to June 20th. Voting period will be from June 30 - July 7 and votes will be collected via this website.
*Teams cannot win more than one of the listed prizes.
Bonus: The team captain for the top fundraising team gets 2 tickets to the 2017 Scotiabank Feast of Fortune gala.
Photos from this year's event will be posted soon! Share your own photos on Twitter (@tapestryfdn), Instagram and Facebook with #tapestryfdn and #scotiahalf.