2016 Scotiabank Charity Challenge
The annual Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k and Scotiabank Charity Challenge supports elder care research and site-specific projects at the Providence Health Care facilities we support. Our award-winning Team Tapestry Foundation is made up of Providence Health Care staff, residents and families, volunteers and donors.
Last year, with more than 240 members at Stanley Park, Team Tapestry Foundation was the largest team in the Vancouver event. At race time, more than $60,000 in pledges was collected to support note-worthy causes at Providence Health Care sites. This year, we hope to become the largest team in Western Canada with the goal of raising $70,000 for elder care and site-specific causes.
Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k
The half-marathon is a mostly downhill course that takes you down the shoreline from UBC and across the Burrard Street Bridge, to a meadow finish on the lawn of the Stanley Park Fish House.The Half-Marathon starts @ 7:30 am from Thunderbird Arena at UBC to Stanley Park. View the half-marathon map.
The 5k event is a scenic loop around Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park, and out on the Stanley Park Seawall, to join the half-marathoners for the last kilometre to the finish line. The 5k begins @ 9:30 am at the Stanley Park Fish House.
Learn more about the course at www.vancouverhalf.com.
Scotiabank Charity Challenge
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge is a unique opportunity for runners and walkers to fundraise for charities in our community. More than 80 charities across Metro Vancouver participate in this annual event, including Tapestry Foundation for Health Care. We raise funds to care for seniors in our community.
Team Tapestry Foundation
Since 2010, our team has raised over $350,000 for elder care research and site-specific projects. In 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 we were awarded Scotiabank's prize for having the largest fundraising team in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
While we're all Team Tapestry Foundation, most of our members create smaller teams. Our 2015 teams included:
- Tapestry Foundation for Health Care - Team Tapestry Trailblazers - Bonny Bung (Annual Campaign Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Family Hospital - Team Holy Stars - Nadra Ali (ECU CNL) email@example.com
- St. Vincent's: Langara - Lenny Ramirez (Program Assistant - interim captain) firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Michael's Centre - Rose Vidas (Volunteer Director) email@example.com
- Team Scotia Dealer Advantage - Team SAYYES2SDA - Scott Fitzgerald (Director, Automotive Retail, Global Risk Management) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tapestry Foundation Board of Directors - Team B.O.D.- Brad Cruickshank (Vice Chair), email@example.com
- Providence Health Care Breast Centre - Team Breast - Imelda Villeneuve (Nurse Navigator) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youville Residence - Team Youville - Sheralyn Manning (Occupational Therapist), email@example.com
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni - Rita Yip-Livesley (BF Artworks), firstname.lastname@example.org; Pauline Yee (BF3 CNL), email@example.com
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - Residential Care - Team Lucky Monkeys - Juaneve Defensor (2ECU RN), firstname.lastname@example.org; Emily Chan (Pharmacist), email@example.com
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital - 1 South Geriatric Psychiatry Unit - Team Frames of Mind - Valerie Krause (CNL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHC-TF Youth Leadership Team
- Raise $100, get a discounted entry fee.*
- Raise $300, get a $10 gift card and a collectible certificate.
- Raise $750+, get a $20 gift card and a collectible certificate.
- Raise $1,500+, get a $30 gift card of your choosing and a collectible certificate.
*Scotiabank asks that Scotiabank employees raise a minimum of $200 to receive a free entry.
- The team with the highest # of pledges receives matching funds up to $1,000 towards your cause.
- The team with the highest # of fundraising participants ($100 minimum raised in each fundraiser's account) receives matching funds up to $1,000 towards your cause.
- The best-dressed team in costumes, as voted by the public based on photos posted to PHC News (June 30th) and this page, will win up to $500 towards your cause. Teams wishing to participate in this category must notify Bonny (email@example.com) prior to June 20th. Voting period will be from June 30 - July 7 and votes will be collected via this website.
*Teams cannot win more than one of the listed prizes.
Bonus: The team captain for the top fundraising team gets 2 tickets to the 2017 Scotiabank Feast of Fortune gala.